Τετάρτη 12 Σεπτεμβρίου 2018

How to Help Elementary Students Understand ‘ Uniqueness ’

"Do you know what a disability is?" I asked this question to students in third- through fifth-grade classes. Some students gave an answer, but most struggled to form thoughts on the topic. I decided to raise our students' awareness of their classmates with disabilities. At South Walker (Louisiana) Elementary, I treat students in our significant disabilities classroom, several resource classes and two special-needs pre-K classes. I wanted our typical students to better understand their special education classmates, so I hosted an event called "Understanding Uniqueness." The event helps educate students and staff about different disabilities. I also hoped the event would foster a more caring and nurturing environment among all students in our large school. More ...

from #Head and Neck by Sfakianakis via simeraentaxei on Inoreader https://ift.tt/2N8qSzi

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Σημείωση: Μόνο ένα μέλος αυτού του ιστολογίου μπορεί να αναρτήσει σχόλιο.